The innovative Speexx language learning solutions offer you a quick and effective way to improve your business communication skills. Speexx Basic is a flexible, self-paced training solution that lets you practice your listening and reading comprehension, as well as grammar, vocab and pronunciation at your own pace. Learn anytime, anywhere and on any device – on your desktop computer, tablet or smartphone.
Before registering for a Speexx language course, we encourage you to review the User Guide and watch the demo video (available in English, French or Spanish):
- You should take a placement test if you are unsure of your current skills or wish to receive course recommendation. If you are brand new to the language, you can skip the test altogether though – and start with the level “A1.” The placement test consists of exercises that increase in difficulty. The higher your level, the more exercises you will be asked to solve and the longer the test will take. This may take up to 60 minutes for advanced students. Please note: the placement test expires after 30 days.
- The Speexx courses no longer require a strong internet connection, but they do have the following system requirements:
- Internet Explorer (min. 9), Chrome (latest), Safari (latest), Firefox (latest)
- Mobile: iOS min. 8.x (Safari browser), Android min. 4.4 (Chrome browser)
- My exercises, Grammar, Business: Minimum recommended screen size 7″
- Pronunciation training: Adobe Flash Player 11.2 or higher
- When taking the course, close all other internet browser windows/pages except for the Speexx course page and your ARC LEADS page.
- The course uses voice recognition software that you will allow you to practice your pronunciation. We recommend finding a quiet location, if possible, to use this feature while taking the course.
- The course is an immersion course! You will find the course instructions are in the new language you are studying. Use the ALT key on your computer keyboard to translate the instructions of the course at any time.